What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that promotes healing. Reiki energy increases vital energy flowing through our bodies. It also helps the endocrine system and main organs to work properly.
Reiki can increase the chances of becoming pregnant. It can be useful for couples trying to become pregnant by natural means or for those undergoing a assisted reproduction treatment.
Reiki also improves male fertility as it can help in cases of erectile dysfunction and low sperm count.
Reiki is practiced at a large number of hospitals and other medical centres. It has also been subject of important scientific studies.
What to expect during a session of Reiki?
A Reiki treatment lasts for approx. 1 hour and is performed while lying down on a massage bed, clothed. The Reiki practitioner uses a very gentle touch at specific points on the body (head, back, stomach, legs, feet, etc...) bringing a warm sense of deep relaxation into body and mind. Unlike massage, there is no body manipulation; only a gentle touch.
How can Reiki improve fertility?
Reiki contributes to overall health, including reproductive health. Couples that suffer from infertility are often faced with high amounts of stress Reiki helps to reduce stress as it increases blood flow to reproductive organs, stimulates the hormone production and improves the immune system.
How does Reiki Work?
Reiki helps to balance the endocrine system as each gland is treated with energy of Reiki during a session. By applying Reiki to the reproductive organs it helps to eliminate negative energy that builds up as a result of stress, negative thoughts and emotions accumulated day after day.
Recommended schedule for IVF cycle
Reiki before and after egg retrieval (2 sessions of 1 h):
- It helps to reduce stress and produce the necessary hormones for egg maturation before egg retrieval.
- Reiki following the egg retrieval removes any built up tension during the process while preparing the uterus for embryo transfer.
Before and after embryo transfer (1 session of 1 h before transfer; 1 session of 40 min after transfer):
- Treatments focus on relaxing your body, specially the uterus, thus allowing it to receive and nurture the embryo adequately.
- Reiki immediately after embryo transfer reduces anxiety, stabilises the endocrine system and relaxes the uterus by regulating energy flow and thus increasing the possibilities of a successful implantation.
Reiki in the days after embryo transfer (1 session of 1 h):
- Reiki at any time within the days after the transfer helps the implantation of the embryo.
Reiki before sperm collection (2 sessions of 1h):
- Reiki before sperm collection helps to improve erectile dysfunction and increase sperm quality, count and motility.